Write From Robyn
Add meaning to the season! The holidays can get wild and busy with all the errands, activities, parties and hustle and bustle of the season. The question is with all that is going on how do you make it memorable???
Begin by reading this short little post! At the end of the day, think about how you want the holidays to feel. What do you want your family and friends to remember this special season? Do you want everyone to remember that you were stressed out and exhausted, tired and running a million miles a minute? Of course, not! Here’s the goal this holiday season for each of us. Add meaning to the season by caring and sharing about what really matters.
Take these ideas to heart
- Take time to just listen. That means stopping and listening to your kids and people you care about. When you ask how your day was or how you are, stop and listen. Ask yourself is there anything you can do to become closer to that individual? Wonderful relationships are the best gift of all.
- Who are you making feel special? Every day try to focus on one more person you care about and make him or her feel special and cherished. Don’t miss a chance to say I love you and I care, you are special and mean the world to me! Send a card, a text, an email but don’t delay with that caring thought.
- Ask, "How may I help you"? Repeat those words often to others and think about who really needs your help, your time, your TLC verses material gifts. Remember, YOU are the gift!
- Give a “together” gift! Think of time as the best gift of all. Take someone to lunch, to a play, for a coffee and give the gift of being together.
- Give a compliment! When you give a gift make sure to add words that are free and fabulous. Add a sincere compliment with every gift you give and tell your BFF, Mom, Grandmother, daughter she’s a gem, a jewel! The meaning you add to the gift will make someone feel priceless.
And last but not least, don’t forget to put yourself on the guest list. Take time to enjoy the holidays, breathe!! And...in case you are the family historian and picture taker, include yourself in a few picture perfect photographs for memories to treasure!
Wishing you a happy and purposeful holiday this year! Add meaning to the season!!!
With hugs and love,